Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hermie: Who is in charge anyway?

This is my first review for BookSneeze and the funny thing is I didn't get a book. I got a DVD instead. A children's DVD to be exact. If you think I "..doth protest too much" I'm not, I just found my first review to be somewhat amusing.

I just wanna say Kudos to everyone who has a heart to convey Biblical principles to children in story form. There is something about story that captures the heart. And yes, even bad stories can have the same effect. But this is not the case here. I'm just sayin...

The graphics on the DVD reflects current CGI technology to date. It was colorful and very detailed.

The story is about hearing from God (the voice from the sky) and how he is involved in our lives and cares about us. It may sound simple but it is often the most simplest of truths that offers most comfort during the dark times in our lives.

The DVD will capture the attention of Toddlers but older kids will find it boring I think. Don't get me wrong, it is not torturous to watch, it was very well written. It's just that the developmental reality that children's attention are captured by different things in stages of growing.






0 comments:

Post a Comment