Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Pain-Free Program

This is an incredible book.  I think this will be a great compliment to The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, 2nd Edition by Clair Davies.  I'm really into alternative healthcare, especially where I don't have to inject anything.

This book talks about imbalances in our bodies, how they are caused, and what to do to correct them.  Instead of the one size fits all that many programs have, he has 6 different body forms that we can look at to see which most closely fits our bodies.  You can also have multiple forms and he tells you how to evaluate these.

Each form takes 10-14 days that you're supposed to do the exercises.  He has exercises tailored for each form.

For example, if one hip is higher than the other, you do certain exercises to bring this back into balance.  It takes time and he goes into explaining what is happening with each exercise.  Over time, the muscles will adjust to the correct form or into better form.  Some chiropractic adjustments may be needed.

Although I haven't tried the exercises yet, I will be doing them starting this week and hope I see an improvement in my own form to be more balanced.  I borrowed this book from the library and if I find the exercises work for my body, then I'm going to be buying the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment