Friday, July 8, 2011

eBooks

Originally I resisted getting the eBooks as I thought it would minimize my enjoyment of reading, meaning since I did not have an eBook Reader, I would be forced to sit at my computer and read. However, I have a 22" monitor and it makes reading fairly easy. My chair is comfy and I get to have good posture while reading these books.


Another thing that caused me to be against eBooks for review is that I love using a highlighter on my books and I cannot do that with these versions. However, I can still take notes and write down what page I want to markup, so if I'm so inclined, then I can actually purchase the book when the price drops.

The eBook versions are helping me to have less clutter in my home and it makes getting the books much easier and quicker from just a few clicks in a couple minutes or less to the near usually 2-3 weeks it takes me to get a hardcopy. I still love the feel of a good book. And, maybe later this year or next year when my budget allows me, maybe I'll be able to get an eBook reader so I can take along these eBooks to read elsewhere.

I'm finding at least with the first 2 eBooks I got, that I'm able to read the books much faster.  Let's see if it happens to subsequent eBooks. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment