Monday, August 15, 2011

The Noticer

This is another book that I checked out at the local public library.  I wish they had all his books, but I was glad that I got to find 2 books that I had not read.  After reading The Lost Choice, I was anxious to read this.  Thought this book would be just as impactful, but it wasn't.

The premise of this book's message is about PERSPECTIVE.  How life can go for us, the choices we make, our attitudes all depend upon our perspective, regardless of the circumstances. 

The Noticer is an actual person named "Jones" or he could be "Garcia".  He's a man that notices a lot of things that most people don't.  He seems to come right in time in a person's life to help them change their perspective and get back on track by suggestions.  He does leave it up to each individual.

I'm not sure if part of the book is true, the part of Andy being the down & out person at the beginning of the book and is one of the main characters of the book.  If so, he came a long way from his homeless beginnings to author & speaker.  This book still referenced people briefly in history that made a big difference, like George Washington Carver.

Having read quite a few of Andy's books, he's used George Washington Carver's biography in a number of them.  Though I wasn't as entranced in this book, it's still a good, short read.  It has a good message, but I prefer the books where he really entertwines historical facts with his fictional story.  This one really didn't do it, so it just didn't touch me as much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment